Dear Returning & Prospective Players:
You can download the 2017 Adult Baseball Registration Flyer/Form here. Registration must be completed and returned to the Danville Parks, Recreation & Tourism Department (Adult Baseball, P.O. Box 3300, Danville, VA 24543-3300). We hope that you will be participating in the program for the 2017 season. If you have any questions before, during or after the season, please feel free to contact any Board Member of your choosing. Click here for the 2017 DABL Board of Directors contact information.
The newly elected Board of Directors have been meeting on a monthly basis and decided to implement the following for the upcoming season:
Deadline for returning players registration is Friday, May 12, 2017.
Deadline for new players registration is Sunday, June 4, 2017.
Registration fees are $150 for all players. New players please bring your payment to the tryouts.
****NOTES TO PERSPECTIVE PLAYERS****
The Adult Baseball League is a competitive baseball league and as such, there are expectations assigned to its players. Among those expectations are:
- Players should have knowledge of baseball rules, have baseball skills, and be in good physical condition.
- Players should expect to compete in conditions of high heat and humidity.
- Players, at a minimum, should be able to run bases for themselves (See Courtesy Runner Rule 13).
- Players should attend a minimum of seventy-five percent (75%) of their games played by their team. The Board of Directors reserves the right to review a player’s eligibility for the season AND upcoming seasons should their attendance fall below the 75% level.
- Players and spectators should conduct themselves in an appropriate manner conducive to a family environment and exhibit good sportsmanship throughout all League functions.
- All players should indicate whether or not they can play on Saturday and if they could miss any games for any reason other than emergency.